Dividing Pension Assets and Stock Options

In a divorce, how do you get your fair share of your retirement assets? How does dividing pension assets differ from dividing IRA and 401(k) assets? If I divorce now, will I be able to live reasonably well in retirement.

At The Law Offices of Judith A. Wayne & Associates. Wayne, we have answers to these and other questions concerning pension assets, IRAs, 401(k) accounts and stock options. We provide results-oriented representation during property settlement negotiations and in divorce litigation, designed to protect our clients’ rights.

To learn more about retirement assets and pensions in divorce and how we can help you, call The Law Offices of Judith A. Wayne & Associates. Wayne at 781-691-9104. We represent people throughout Massachusetts, including Marblehead and the North Shore. Our firm also represents clients as far west as Pittsfield and as far east as Cape Cod and the Islands.

Pension Assets, Retirement Accounts and Stock Options

For the purposes of divorce, pension assets are valued differently than tax-deferred retirement accounts such as 401(k) and IRA accounts. In the latter case, defined contribution accounts can be divided rather easily. A pension asset is different however, in that you must consider at what age the beneficiary is retiring.

Dividing stock options in divorce and deferred compensation programs present additional property division challenges. At our law firm, we have access to the analytical resources and financial professionals who can provide guidance regarding these and other issues. We will work diligently to protect your rights and assets so that you can move forward with confidence after your divorce.

Assertive Negotiation and Aggressive Litigation Strategies

For many people, retirement assets and stock options often represent the single largest class of assets, even exceeding the value of their homes. It is vital that you receive your fair share of these assets.

Judith A. Wayne is an experienced negotiator, mediator and trial attorney. She will use her advocacy skills to protect your assets so that you can obtain the best possible property settlement.

Contact a Lawyer

To schedule a consultation about a property division matter, call The Law Offices of Judith A. Wayne & Associates. Wayne at 781-691-9104 or contact us online.

Quick Contact Form