Child Support Lawyer Serving Massachusetts

Child support is a major issue in many divorces in Massachusetts. While the state has child support guidelines based on income and number of children, many people do not fit the guidelines for various reasons.

At The Law Offices of Judith A. Wayne & Associates. Wayne, our child support attorney has more than 30 years of experience helping clients negotiate support agreements throughout Massachusetts, including Marblehead, the North Shore and Boston.  Attorney Wayne also represents clients as far west as Pittsfield and as far east as Cape Cod and the Islands.

For help with a child support matter in Massachusetts, call at 781-691-9104.

Factors That Affect the Amount of Child Support

There are several factors that can affect how much support you pay or receive:

  • If your income exceeds the guidelines, the amount of child support you pay is subject to negotiation.
  • Overtime and detail pay for some professionals, such as police officers, are considered differently from base pay and may be subject to negotiation.
  • Special needs children will require more support than what the guidelines provide.
  • Your child custody agreement may have a significant impact on child support. A joint physical child custody agreement may eliminate or significantly reduce child support payments.

Modifying Support Payments

Child support can be changed after divorce if there is a substantial change in circumstances. Examples of changes in circumstances include job losses, job changes resulting in a reduction in pay, and job promotions or new jobs resulting in an increase of pay. Many child support modification petitions are routine, and in those situations we can obtain results for our clients efficiently and cost-effectively. We also have experience in cases involving more complex issues such as parents with hidden income and those who are intentionally working in positions far below their actual earning capacity.

Contact a Child Support Attorney

To discuss your child support case with an experienced lawyer, call The Law Offices of Judith A. Wayne & Associates. Wayne at 781-691-9104 or contact our law firm online.

Nous parlons Français.

I Childsupport

Quick Contact Form